Monday, September 12, 2011

just another girl, following another trend...

i've posted about a few wreaths i've made.
my favorite being my christmas wreath!

i made one for my mom as well that was gold and red but i guess i never took any pics.
i will have to snap one when she takes it out this year!
speaking of christmas, i'm SOOOOO excited to have our first family christmas with Cullen!!

my second favorite wreath is a ribbon wreath i made over the past few days...
for halloween!!
the process....
cutting lots of ribbon into 6 inch strips.
i did NOT have enough ribbon!
i needed double this amount...
one section done, took forever...
feeling like i'm getting somewhere....
and again, completed wreath...
can you tell i'm proud?
the wreath did seem to take forever ;) haha!
i love it though!!
when i went to buy more ribbon the craft store was out of most of the original ribbons i had bought so i had to buy some other patterns and colors, i think it worked out ok though. 

i got the original idea from pinterest.
CLICK for original link to blog for my inspiration wreath!
the inspiration wreath was made with fabric vs ribbon.
i heard through twitter that others were making ribbon wreaths, i saw one of those on pinterest as well! now EVERYONE is doing it!!  gotta LOVE pinterest! :)

some other wreaths i've made in the past...
easter egg wreath

cupcake wrapper valentines wreath

i've got 5 wreaths in my basket for now.
i love making them and they will last a long time.
i'm still working on my yarn ball wreath for fall.
just when i thought i had everything for it i realized i don't have enough hot glue sticks for the glue gun!
i will finish it soon, i hope ;)
i'll be keeping the yarn ball wreath inside.
the halloween wreath is on our front door!

lastly i have to/NEED to sneak a lil somethin somethin EXTRA cute into this post...
it was chilly here last week, in the 60's, C had to wear his little knit cap and puma's!!
LOVE his face & everything about him!! :) 

p.s. ALL photos are phone photos, my camera cord will not charge my camera or upload pics, heartbreaking :( stupid camera is 6 months old and cost way too much...heading to best buy soon. just another thing to add to the "to do" list....seriously, never ending!  & i doubt best buy will do anything for me.

34 comments:

Meg said...

I love love love your wreaths. I need to make that Christmas one, I think it turned out fab. I might be making a Halloween one this week too. Thanks for the inspiration. Also, as always, C is adorable!

Lauren said...

I absolutely adore the 1st wreath! You are so talented!

Unknown said...

Wow, those wreaths are super cute!

Kim said...

Oh your Halloween wreath looks fantastic!! I bet that did take a lit of time doing. I'd love to try it but would take me forever. Ha. Christmas wreath is beautiful as well. All great work. I'm excited to put a few of these together myself. :)

There's No Place Like Memphis Mama said...

Cute wreath and LOVE the picture of C!

Lindsay said...

love the wreaths! i really need to get more creative! and love sweet cullen...he is adorable!

tara said...

Ooohhh I love them!!! Wish I was crafty. Boo.

Anonymous said...

Wow this is really cool, I am going to have to try this but when patrick is sleeping of course because he likes to get into everthing :)

Suzy said...

Awesome wreaths Momma! I just started pinning on Pinterest and I can't stop - it;s soooo addicting! I have many projects I can't wait to get started on!

Erin said...

Your wreaths are fantastic! I LOVE that Christmas one- I think you should make me one as a Christmas present :):) I love how that Halloween one turned out too! Simply fantastic my dear!

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Ohmy...you are creative girl. I should do wreaths myself but sometimes I am just too lazy! :( haha! Good job!!!!!

Michelle said...

I love your wreaths! They are so pretty! I love the Halloween and Christmas wreath! I've wanted to make one using ribbon but I feel like they require so much! Maybe I'll try it!

New follower :)

Holly said...

I LOVE all your wreaths, but that Christmas one? OMG it's gorgeous!

Miss Chelsea said...

I love your wreaths! Can we be neighbors so we can make crafty wreaths together?! I always pin a bunch but never follow through & make them ha

S said...

You are so crafty! I love your wreaths. And Cullen looks so cute. I never knew that my heart could swell with as much love as it did when I met my little man. I love watching C grow - so precious and so happy :) P.S. Here's my new blog URL - not sure if I sent it to you: alreadyrightwhereibelong.blogspot.com

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

they all look GREAT, mama!! and C in his lil' Pumas, too cute! :)

Becca said...

I AM LOVING wreaths these days. I have MANY on pinterest that I want to give a try but the problem is that I need to decide which ones! Not an easy decision! I really LOVE your Christmas wreath! I think the Halloween one turned out super great too, I am sure that took a lot of time and work!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

After seeing AP's ribbon wreath tutorial on ILYMTC I decided to give it a stab. Your Halloween wreat is EXACTLY what I had in mind! Feel free to save me the time and trouble and send yours my way! ;)

Brown Girl said...

Love the wreathes, you did such a good job! I wish I had the patience to make one but instead I just prefer to buy one or pay someone to make me one. :)

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Love the wreath!

Mandy said...

You did such a wonderful job!! It's gorgeous! I so wish I was crafty like that

Carrie said...

Love all of the wreaths! I've been wanting to do the ribbon kind for a while now, it just seems like it takes a lot of time!! Your son is so adorable.

new follower, btw :)

Kristen said...

The Halloween wreath is so cute (as is C, of course!)

Working Mommy said...

LOVE the Halloween wreath - it is my favorite holiday - and the Christmas one is very nice too!!

WM

Annie said...

Good job girl!! I totally have this pinned too...I hope that I will have time before halloween to make one!!

I also bought a bunch of bulbs on clearance after Christmas last year in hopes that I can make that Christmas wreath as well!!

You are so crafty girly!! Love it. And Cully just gets cuter and cuter!!

Crystal Escobar said...

That halloween wreath is SO cute!!! LOVE it!!

Jillian said...

oh wow you are talented!! I love that picture of your precious boy he is too sweet!!!

I just read your comment on my post. I really hope everything works out for the best. Sometimes all it takes is for you to take make the first move.

Best of luck, God bless and much love. xxoo

Anonymous said...

Where do you get the "rings" for making that halloween wreath? thanks super cute--wreaths AND kiddo!

kris

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You always do such an amazing job on the wreaths! I want to try to make one of those valentines day ones! Ekkk!

Marian said...

You so crafty;) Love it

undomestic mama said...

I wish I had your drive! I would love to have an arsenal of wreaths, but I just don't. Please tell me you've made them over the last few years rather than recently; I'll feel like less of a slacker :) They all turned out so cute. And of course, C is the cutest of all.

Amy T. said...

Your Christmas wreath is gorgeous! You should sell them - I would definitely purchase one from you!

Holly said...

All those wreaths are gorgeous, especially the Christmas one! I'd love to see the one you made for your mum, too. :)

SEL said...

The wreaths look great! I've made the same ones you've made! Too funny!

Blogging tips