Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Right now I'm very thankful for the 2 guys that I live with, who both forever have my heart. My B and Gussy! I feel blessed, special, lucky and just so happy to have them in my life!
Multiple tears started sliding down my cheeks after I received an email at work yesterday from my B. We watched America's Got Talent on Tuesday night and Kevin Skinner sang Garth Brooks "If Tomorrow Never Comes".

Email from B:

Watching that guy sing that country song it makes me realize that I need to make sure that you know how much you mean to me and how much I love you.

Sometimes late at night
I lie awake and watch her sleeping
Shes lost in peaceful dreams
So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark
And the thought crosses my mind If I never wake up in the morning
Would she ever doubt the way I feel About her in my heart

If tomorrow never comes
Will she know how much I loved her
Did I try in every way to show her every day
That shes my only one
And if my time on earth were through
And she must face the world without me
Is the love I gave her in the past Gonna be enough to last
If tomorrow never comes cause
Ive lost loved ones in my life
Who never knew how much I loved them
Now I live with the regret
That my true feelings for them never were revealed
So I made a promise to myself
To say each day how much she means to me
And avoid that circumstance
Where theres no second chance to tell her how I feel

So tell that someone that you love
Just what youre thinking of
If tomorrow never comes

I would never want to wake up and not have you with me....I love you with all my heart, I hope you have a great day!
See why I had tears.....happy tears :)
"The best part of waking up is finding someone you can't get enough of"

Onto Mr. G - The other night I sat out some ant traps because we have had a few giant really icky ants in our town house and they creep me out! I set the traps out without really thinking anything of it. B and I were upstairs chatting and when we came down to make dinner there was an ant trap laying in the living room that I hadn't placed there.
I went over to it and Gus had tore it open and eaten the inside of it! I freaked out after reading the box and seeing that it says if "consumed by human or animal contact poison control asap". B calls our vet and they say they don't know if it could be toxic and they give him the number for poison control, he calls the "emergency" hotline and gets put on hold for 5 minutes. The lady comes on the phone and says you are aware you are going to be charged $60.00 for this call, correct? YA KIDDIN ME!? $60.00 to find out if the ant trap is toxic/lethal!?! We love our puppy but come on, NO WAY! B finds a different number on the net and he is informed that if G is acting normal, then he should be perfectly fine. I was so relieved!! I was practically in tears and my heart was in my throat. I thought we were going to have to feed him peroxide or go to the vet for the night. I'm thankful he is okay and the ant trap contents had no affect on him at all. He is still happy and healthy as he always has been! :) Ant traps are in the garbage!
B you are truly the best!
Gussy and I would be so totally lost without!
I love you my boys!
always and forever

Gus chillin in the laundry basket yesterday morning, silly pup

27 comments:

heisschic said...

that's ADORABLE. yep, you definitely got a winner. the pic of you two is perfect.


i'm glad your pup's ok too!

Lucky in Love said...

You can get the info at:

http://www.google.com/analytics/

Check it out! Don't ask me how to install it though :)

I found a website when I first started that gave step by step directions...but have since not been able to locate it. I bet if you google it though you could figure it out. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :)

That's What She Said said...

You are one LUCKY girl. Don't take that for granted. There are few guys like that in this world (at least from my experiences!)

Aishlea said...

Aww...so sweet! Sounds like you've got a good guy...and adorable puppy!

Katie said...

Aww what a sweet email! And those poison control hotlines are a joke! $60!!!

♥ H ♥ said...

awww that was so sweet! I was watching AGT toooo! I was nervous at first when Kevin walked on stage but DANG he sounded better than Garth himself!

Lindsey said...

Oh my gosh, so stinkin' sweet!!!! Love that song!

Brown Girl said...

My little Lola loves to sleep in the laundry basket! That is just so sweet of your man!! ;)

Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog! xoxo

Debbie said...

Oh yeah. I would have been crying too. That is too sweet:)

Baylee♥ said...

Thank you for commenting! Your site is SOOOOOOO cute!!!

and omg! my dog has eaten SEVERAL of those ant traps and he's still alive and kickin! the first one scared the living crap out of me though!!!

And aww, that is sooo sweet of B! Sounds like you have a good guy in your life!!

Maryellen said...

You have such a great guy! I'm so happy Gus is ok. =)

Taylor K said...

You guys are ridiculously adorable! Oh yes, made some delicious margaritas. They were delightful after a long hot Phoenix day! LOVE RHNJ, but am still sort of terrified of Caroline. She's gnargnar. Did you see the preview for RHAtlanta? Looks like it's going to be a good

Meg said...

I called that number too! I paid the stupid $60, I was desperate and alone I didn't know what else to do! I wasn't sure if Roman had ingested ibuprofen. I was so upset, I probably ended up giving him 20-25cc of peroxide before he vomited...no ibuprofen. Stupid phone number taking advantage of people in their most desperate of times!

Anyways, on a nicer note...that email is so sweet. I would have cried happy tears too. You are quite lucky with those two boys in your life. :)

P.S.-About my layout, I found the background online and then made my header. Thank you for your super sweet comment! :)

Jon and Steph said...

What a sweet email. I got goosebumps just reading. What a great guy you have ;)

and that would FREAK me out about your puppy! I am so glad to hear that he is okay!

Jessica said...

I totally saw that guy last night and was so happy for him! He sang his heart out, and you could tell he was just SO into it. I loved it! And, this song gives me the chills every.time. I love that your sweetie did this for you - so thoughtful!

LWLH said...

Awww..how sweet! :)

RCaitlin said...

You sound like you have two wonderful boys! (It makes me miss mine even more!) By the way I left an award for you on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Glad Gussy is okay! Your boys are too cute!!

Nikki Cogg said...

Ohhh my goodness!! I would have freaked out, the same as you, if Coco had eaten the trap! I have had to call poison control before, and we reluctantly paid the $60 because the vet said we should do it. Coco ended up being ok but it's SO SCARY for a mommy to go through. I'm so glad little Gussy is ok :) Your fiance is a CATCH!! What a sweetheart, hang on to him :) Haha! Love that you're doing Thankful Thursday, I think it's such a great way to remember the things in your life that you may take for granted on a daily basis. Since I stole your papyrus font for my blog, I GUESS it's ok that you steal my doggy post idea! Haha! Have a great weekend!!

Shannon Dew said...

Yay you jumpped on the Thankful Thursday bandwagon too!! I love that GB song and contemplated using it as "our song" but found something that was more "us". You sound like you've got a keeper for sure!

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet! I just found your blog and wanted to say hello and how cute Gus is!

I'm Anna. said...

Lucky, lucky girl! Your B seems like such an awesome guy!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Awwww! So i've been having a rough day and the song just sent it over the edge! That was so sweet and so cute of him. adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...that is SO sweet! I would have bawled my eyes out. I'm happy for you! :-)

Iva Messy said...

you are adorable!!

Kendra said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!

alyssa said...

awww!! so sweet!! that song makes me cry!! sounds like a great guy!!

Blogging tips