Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I’m devoting today’s THANKFUL THURSDAY to my Beautiful Baby Sis! She is 8 years younger than me but that only means is she can bring out the kid in me. We always have fun together, doesn’t matter what we’re up to!
She IS the cheese to my macaroni.
We love to sing and dance in the car, go shopping, lay out by the pool for hours on end, eat non-stop, gossip, make fun of each other, the list goes on....
I almost forgot to mention she is one of my very BESTIES!
She is always there for me. If I call her or text her and need a thing, she is there for me in the blink of an eye. She is wise beyond her years, mature and knows how to handle herself. She is overall, one smart cookie! She will also let you know how it is.
I love her little face to pieces and I’d literally be lost without her!

Here are some(many) pictures of her and I over the past couple years....

christmas @ a hotel 2008
we went to the children's museum, lex dressed up as a pilot....
me the turtle
went for a ride in cinderella's carriage
Christmas this past year with D
(excuse the future date of 2216, ha!)
my bday - of course the LEXIE had this great idea,
everyone should nail me with silly string!
picture from last summer
@ at hotel for christmas in 2007
same year....
sometimes i guess she doesn't like me, you see her finger!?!
last spring

playin on the mac
summer....2-3 years ago?
bein silly ;) i remember, i called in sick to work that day so
lex and i could spend the day together!

lastly, on a cruise from years ago....
Chance made us sisters, Hearts made us Best Friends!!

34 comments:

Cristina said...

I love this, I always wanted a sister...but had to settle for a brother :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Love the pictures. Glad you two have each other!

Iva Messy said...

this is way adorable!! She is totally cute! as are you! Such a beautiful family!

Mrs. Potts said...

What a great post! The pictures were so wonderful - it looks like you two are really close. :)

Lea Liz said...

how sweet!! Aren't sisters the best!?!?!

Nikki Cogg said...

What a great post!! You and your sister are so pretty and it looks like ya'll have a ton of fun together!

Summer Athena said...

she is beauty, just like you! i love this post. my sister is 8 years older than me!

Children of the 90s said...

This is such a sweet post! All the pics are so cute.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you've had tons of fun through the years!

Tara Gibson said...

aww i love besties! the pics are adorable!

The Rest is Still Unwritten said...

Haha! I always tell my sister she is the Cheese to my macaroni! She's gorgeous and looks just like you!

ELP said...

Love the picture of you in the turtle!!! Too cute! I always wished for a sister. It seems like such a cool thing. Not that my brother is bad or anything but a sister kind of bond seems pretty rad!

Lucy Marie said...

The cheese to my macaroni! I love it. that's so cute.

Anonymous said...

you both are just gorgeous girls! It looks like you have such a fun time together!!!

Mrs. Hanson said...

CUTE!! You two are gorgeous!!

Sole Matters said...

awwww such a sweet post!!

Katie said...

so cute! You are really lucky to have such a great sister!

I want to hear about all of these hotel stays on Christmas! That sounds pretty exiting!

brooke said...

oh my goodness i love this!!! 'chance made us sisters, hearts made us best friends' LOVE IT!!! you are amazing lady!

Unknown said...

ahhh i love it! your sister is beautiful! although she looks different in the B&W first pic compared to the rest! haha! ;P love the turtle outfit!

bananas. said...

so cute! i don't have a sister but i have a similar relationship with my cousin. family is the best.

The Sweet Life said...

I painted that same quote on a canvas for my sister's birthday a few years ago.

Peanut Butter Swirl said...

aww this is SUCH a sweet/precious post. I love all of the pictures. you two look alike :)

KLC said...

You guys look the same age!!! My sister is 6 years younger than me and we are super close too. People can't tell who is older though! Good for me but bad for her! Haha

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I LOVE having a sister...of course, I'm the little sister. But, wow--you two look very close in age!

ps: just came across your blog, so cute.

xox
k

JennyLee said...

Sisters are fab! Cute cute pics!

Meg said...

Those pictures are adorable. That is fantastic that you guys get along so well, I wish I got along that well with my little sister. Hopefully we are moving towards that type of relationship--I almost think it is harder to have a great relationship when you are closer in age. :)

Aishlea said...

So sweet! :) Love all the pics...
Two pretty sisters!

drollgirl said...

She IS the cheese to my macaroni?!?!?! LOVE THAT!!! i have a sister that is a year younger than me, and she is my favorite person on planet earth. she just gets it. ALWAYS!

p.s. you are both so beautiful! :)

I'm Anna. said...

I love that you called in sick to work to spend time with your sister. I'm the youngest of three girls and I don't know how I would ever survive without my older sisters! Cheesey as it is...they are my BEST friends!

P.S. Good luck with the Shred. I got pretty confident with level one, but level two is a killer! There are NO easy moves and the cardio is like a million times harder. But, we've got to stick with it, right?!

Anonymous said...

awww, y'all are adorable!!

Elizabeth Marie said...

I love this!!!! Sisters are the best! You guys are gorgeous! XOXOXO!

Alicia said...

so friggin cute! what an awesome relationship!!! :)

Lauren said...

Absolutely one of the sweetest things I've ever read!!!! So precious!! :)

Micaela said...

sisters are best!!!!

i loved that you called in to spend the day together :)

Blogging tips