Thursday, May 14, 2009

ENGAGED!!!

May 8, 2009

I've picked our engagement night to start a story on our life because it is the beggining of a wonderful new chapter in our life! We are so exicted to announce that we will be spending our lives together :)

The sweet and short story of the proposal night....
It was a very heartfelt casual proposal at our home. On Friday he went to my parents house and asked for permission while I was out running errands, he had my mom, dad and Lex all in tears. Of course they approved. I had no idea he went over there or was planning to ask for permission. I got home around 6 and him and I talked and had a drink and snacks until about 8 and then he brought me downstairs where I have a "vision board" which is a poster board is a collage of pictures of the goals and dreams you want in your life. He talked about it and how thankful he was to have me all the while fighting the tears, it was very emotional, then he got down on his knee and i started crying, then he asked. I of course said yes ;)
It was very sweet and couldn't have been more perfect in our house. We are home bodies and we put pretty much everything we have back into our house so there was no place better for him to ask me. After we went to my parents house for champagne. My mom met me at the door right when we walked in. Everyone was right there to congradulate us. The night was perfect!

We don't have any dates picked yet. We just know we would like to be married on a beach, somewhere very warm with white sandy beaches!


The night was by far the most memorable night in my (our) life so far. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful man to spend my life with. I know we have so much to look forward to together. My ring is absolutely beautiful, Billy did a wonderful job picking it out! He told me he was on a mission the day he went to get it, he spent over 4 hours at the store picking it out :) I'm very happy and excited for everything that is to come in our future!


1 comment:

Sierra said...

Aww what a sweet story - I loved how he brought out a board with dreams - that is so perfect! I am so glad that you started this blog beautiful girl, you are beautiful inside and out! Happy for you as you are almost to be wed! XO!

Blogging tips