Monday, November 22, 2010

stars and boulevards....

What a weekend, one I won't be forgetting anytime soon....

FRIDAY
I got home from work and changed into some comfy leggins and my new snow boots!

Then Billy and I went to Best Buy so we could each get our Christmas gifts!
I got a new camera!!!
Nikon - Coolpix P100
10.3-Megapixel Digital Camera - Black
It is a fancy point and shoot camera/camcorder and so far I LOVE it!
 
Billy got a PS3 with the move package.
I haven't played yet but I've enjoyed watching him play.
After Best Buy we enjoyed some Buffalo Wild Wings.
Thanks to Kelly always talking about Asian Zing wings I had to try them and they are now my new favorite wings! Billy loved them too!
Once we were home we each played with our new toys then went to bed to watch Anchor Man.

SATURDAY
We enjoyed a lazy day around the house.
I put up one more little Christmas tree, yes I have 3 trees!
I napped and Billy had hockey.
I babysat Saturday night from 6-11:30.
When the parents got home they warned me that it was really slippery out but I had NO IDEA what I was in for.
It was the scariest drive of my entire life!  The roads were beyond horrible. There were over 400 accidents and cars were in ditches and pulled over and stuck in the middle of roads because there was so much ice.  I thought the highway would be okay but it was the worst.  Our SUV has all wheel drive which did nothing for me.  I was almost 1 of the 400 in the ditch, and poor Billy, had to hear it all.  I felt bad calling him and crying when I knew there was nothing he could do but I was totally freaked out.  As I was about to go into the ditch an extended cab Escalade came flying across 3 lanes of traffic right at me, I was terrified!!
Thankfully I got the truck back across the 3 lanes and ended up driving half on the shoulder and half in the lane just for some traction. I, along with all the other traffic, drove under 10 MPH the entire way to my exit. The exit ramps were the worst but for some reason when I got to the one I decided to take, there were no spinouts or cars blocking the exit, I made it off and about started crying in excitement!!
My regular 20 minute drive, ended up taking me over 2 hours and I was SO thankful I made it home safely.  I know a lot of people didn't.  My blood pressure was probably through the roof but I was so glad I was home with my boys.  My legs finally stopped shaking and I was able to get to bed a little past 2.

SUNDAY
I was traumatized from the night before but my family had a baby shower to attend an hour away, so back on the roads we went.  Thankfully they weren't bad at all.  The shower was a lot of fun! It was for an old neighbor girl I used to babysit for.  Imagine that, her and I are both pregnant at the same time and I'm 9 years older than her ;)  She is a sweet girl and I'm happy for her! 
Once home I took an almost 3 hour nap then Billy and I went to my parents for a chili and cornbread dinner!
I ordered these cute little hockey skates from Etsy and I can't wait for our little guy to have his picture taken in them with a little stocking cap!!

I'm so thankful to have 3 short days at work and then a 5 day weekend!! :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!

37 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww I love those boots!!! they look so comfortable and I'm SOOO glad you made it home safe! that would freak me out too!!

Jenn said...

My fiance has been getting the Asian Zing for 4+ years,he LOVES it and doesn't ever try anything else there!

LOVE the little ice skates, that's so so cute!

Marian said...

Oh my goodness!! I love your new boots!! And those little ice skates are adorable!!! Glad you made it home safely lady love

Selma @ Crazy Little World Of Mine said...

Like your new boots!!!!!! :) So need to go out and get me a pair!

Kelsey said...

I'm glad that you and baby Cullen made it home safe!

Miss Southern Vol said...

Oh my goodness thats soo scary! I have done that a time or two (and I'm in Tennessee) so we really dont know how to drive in ice and it is the scarriest thing ever trying to get through that!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

Oh my gosh, that drive sounds so scary! I'm SO glad you made it home okay! I am loving your new boots and that camera....a nice camera is totally on the top of my wish list! You will get to take so many cute pictures of your little guy in those skates :)

Melissa said...

BWW Asian Zing wings are my all time favorite!! Girl, now you have me craving them!!

Aishlea said...

Scary driving experience for sure! I am so not cut out for that kind of weather!! Hope you have a great week!

Blicious said...

love your boots. they look so comfy!

xoxo
b

J and A said...

I love your boots and those booties! Whose shop was that? :)

Sarah Ann said...

Those boots look so warm. :) Happy holidays and 3 day week!

Lindsey said...

I am lovin' those boots! Super cute!

Hayley said...

Oh my lord I hate driving in crap like that, and I always have to because the hub is from TX/CA and doesn't know how to drive in snow! Glad you made it okay!

And those boots are friggin adorable.

Lea Liz said...

Asizna Zing wings are my favorite, amazing!!

I hate dirving in weather like that, so glad you made it safely!!

Those little skate booties are beyond precious!!

Shannon said...

That sounds so scary!! I HATE driving on snow and ice. Glad you and the baby made it home safe!!!

katie@tulsadetails said...

OMg! The skates!!! So cute. Glad you are okay!!

Tiffany said...

Those booties are SO cute!! I do not miss driving in the snow and ice - not fun!

Jenni said...

CUTE skates!!!! Also, I LOVE your new snow boots! Do they keep your feet dry? I was worried about getting a pair like that with a soft fabric on the outside rather than a waterproof material. Do they stay dry on the inside?
So glad you are ok!!!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh that sounds so scary! I seriously HATE driving in snow and ice. It takes me at least a half of an hour to drive to my work, which is only 13 miles away. It's sad.
I'm glad you made it through safely and were able to have a good weekend!

Aleshia said...

I'm really happy you made it home safe! How scary that must have been!! I really don't think I could live in weather like that! We only get snow like once a year and it's such a BIG thing when we do. All the bread, can goods, and batteries are gone when people hear the word "snow". Have a great Thanksgiving!!

LWLH said...

Oh my goodness....those little stockig ice skates are adorable! : )

The Undomestic Mom said...

How fun!!

Erica @ All About Aleigha said...

I would of been scared to death! Love those little skates, too cute!

Rissy said...

I always recommend people try asian zing! Love you for going to BWW!!!
I had a similar weather experience coming back from Pittsburgh... balled hysterically to my mom and boyfriend. Turnpike + snow was awful! Glad you're ok!

Brittany said...

The roads were so terrible! So scary! They were even scary this morning when I drove to work! None of our side streets were salted!

As for those skates! My goodness! They are probably the cutest things I've ever seen! ADORABLE!! :)

Bonnie said...

Hey Annie! That sounds like a pretty good weekend (besides the roads) :P I love "Anchorman"! Your camera looks really nice too. You will get LOTS of use out of it!

Kelly said...

First off-- THE SKATES!!! Those are SOOO precious!! :-D And your camera!! Amazing :-D

Second off-- Soooo glad that you like the asian zing. They're my fave too. YUM!!

Third off-- I had NO idea that the roads were so bad because I actually called it a night around 9 pm ;-) Your story sounds so horendous, SO glad you're okay :-( I would have been freaking out as well!!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I had to drive on ice one time when we lived in Missouri and it was terrifying! Glad you (two!) made it home safely!

And those skates are too cute! His pictures are going to be adorable!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man! The roads sound really scary there! I'm glad you made it to and from safely!! Those boots are too cute...both pairs!

Unknown said...

your boots and babyboys boots are so cute!!! be careful out on the roads!!! =/ it doesn't snow much here but this weekend, i did go up north where it was really icey! take care annie!

Kristen said...

so glad you weren't one of those 400 in the ditch, sounds terrifying! and oh wow I love your boots, where did you get those? shoot me an email with details! barrelnutt@yahoo.com

Becca said...

Oh how I LOVE those snow boots! They are too cute. AND so are Mr. Cullens little boots too! I cannot imagine how scary that drive was for you! I don't think I would have made it! Hope you three have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

undomestic mama said...

Your new boots are adorable! I'm so glad you survived your drive - it sounds horrifying!

Gwen said...

Those knit skates are the cutest thing ever!!! Please be so very safe driving this winter. I'll be praying for clear roads for you. XOXO

Unknown said...

The skates are too cute!!

Sierra said...

That sounds super scary, glad you were okay. On the bright side - love those skates!

Blogging tips